Fifteen Knaresborough ladies joined us for a workshop on how to use linkedin, here’s a round up of what they learned.
- Having a clear "Professional Header" is really important, don't just use your job title
- Make your "summary" clear and succinct,
- sell yourself
- say why you're unique
- how your skills help people
- what experience you have
- how you've helped people
- Attach any relevant documents to work you've done
- Include past work history especially proving what you can do by demonstating your past successes
- You are good at what you do, don't be afraid to tell people what makes you good at it
Having a really good profile picture is very important, if you're not having one taken professionally remember
- Don't take it yourself
- Stand next to a window with the light behind your photographer
- look like you would if you were going to a meeting
- if you own your business remember YOU are your brand, "selfies" are not professional!
Linkedin need not be complicated, however if you are struggling please do message the page and we'll do our best to help you! Whilst you're exploring Linkedin please like our page - www.linkedin.com/BLOK
We'll make sure we share interesting articles for you to read!
Here's a useful link:
- how to search anonymously on linkedin - www.popsugar.com/smart-living/How-Anonymous-LinkedIn